I have a huge sweet tooth. HUGE.
I see a lot of things on Pinterest, Instagram, etc. talking about making desserts healthy. Many of them require a ridiculously lengthy list of ingredients, don’t taste like the “real” thing or just don’t taste that great in general.
That is certainly not the case with these easy, delicious and healthy coconut macaroons. A couple ingredients and 13-15 minutes in the oven and you have a tasty treat that you can feel good about eating and feeding your friends and family. I took things a bit further and finished them off with some dark chocolate but that is totally optional!
Check out the recipe below and if you make them, please let me know what you think!
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I use unsweetened but you can use sweetened!)
- (Optional - sweetener of your choice. I used 1 tsp. of raw sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix egg whites, coconut and sweetener (if using) until completely combined.
- Using a measuring spoon, melon baller or cookie scoop (I used a 1" cookie scoop), scoop mixture and drop onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until macaroons are golden brown.
- Allow to cool and drizzle with melted chocolate (optional).
- I used a 1" cookie scoop and was able to make 10 macaroons.
- Make sure the coconut and egg mixture is packed in tightly so the macaroons stay together while baking.