Hey y’all! Remember me? It’s been a while and I’ve surely missed you.
I’m sure everyone is getting knee-deep into holiday events, parties and cookie swaps. Not to mention, shopping, buying gifts, wrapping gifts, giving gifts…you get it; all of this in prep for the big day! I am totally looking forward to Christmas this year as Charlee is now old enough to actually participate. She’s loving all of the holiday music, beautiful lights and being my little taste tester and helper in the kitchen.
Which brings me to my current post – cloud cookies. You may have seen them floating around Pinterest and Facebook lately and well, I didn’t want to miss out on the delicious, pillowy soft and slightly chewy cookies that everyone was raving about! My mom actually made a lemon coconut version last year that was a-mazing! These take all of three minutes prep, are made using three ingredients and would make a great addition to any cookie platter, cookie swap or Santa’s cookie plate on Christmas Eve.
Did I mention that they are easy enough that my 19 month old assisted in making them? Feel free to use any cake flavor that you’d like and if you really want to get wild, toss in some sprinkles, Andes mints or cookie crumbs!
- 1 box cake mix (I used strawberry)
- 1 8oz. tub of Cool Whip
- 1 egg
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine the cake mix, Cool Whip and egg until mixed well.
- Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet and dust with powered sugar.
- Bake for around 14 minutes.
- Feel free to experiment with flavors. While the strawberry mix tasted good, it had a slightly artificial flavor.
- Add any mix-ins that you love: sprinkles, coconut, Andes mints, etc.