Let me start off by saying that 2015 flewww by! I can’t even wrap my mind around how 12 months can go by so quickly! Don’t even get me started on the fact that my little girl will be turning two in another 4 months…
I’m not one to make resolutions because I tend to be a realist and know that 9 times out of 10, resolutions are just false hopes and empty promises. Womp womp; sorry to be Debbie Downer but you know it’s true!
I’m going to do things a little differently this year. I’m going to set some goals, all reasonable and obtainable. If I meet them – great. If I exceed them – even better!
- Continue to focus on my health. I’ve been working out 4x/week for the past 4 months or so and am really enjoying my progress. While the scale hasn’t moved much, I am SO happy with how I feel mentally and physically. I’m looking forward to trying some new things in the gym, eating a bit cleaner and feeling even better.
- Spend more quality time with my family. My husband and I spend A LOT of time together (he works from home and I stay home with our daughter) but we realized that quality time is essential over the quantity of time. I’m looking forward to more quality time spent with my husband and daughter, doing fun things and making wonderful memories.
- Travel. Whether it’s internationally, here in the US or a simple day trip – I’ve come down with a case of wanderlust.
- Unplug. There’s come a time when I, myself, even get annoyed with how often I check my phone and scroll mindlessly; I’ve realized that it’s become a permanent attachment to my hand. Justin and I have recently discussed the “No phone in bed” rule and I’m hoping we can actually stick to it! I want to crawl into bed and talk with my husband, connect with him and just enjoy the quiet alone time before we drift off to sleep, instead of staring at the screen until my phone falls out of my hand.
- Live in the moment. This one is so cliche, I know, but it’s so necessary. Life moves far too quickly and I don’t want to get swept up in the shuffle.
I hope that you all have a wonderful year full of happiness, love, laughter, health and prosperity! I can’t wait to see what 2016 has in store!