I have a love/hate relationship with sweet potatoes and tend to go through phases with them. A couple of months ago, I was completely repulsed by the thought of eating the mushy, orange carb but now? Now I could eat them at every meal! Growing up, we typically ate them baked and loaded up with butter. While that tastes absolutely DELICIOUS, lately I’ve been trying to think of other ways to serve up the sweet spud!
MAKE THESE. Not only are they quite tasty, but these sweet potato rounds are simple to make and healthier than the buttery baked goodness many of us are so fond of. 😉
Scroll to the bottom for the complete recipe and if you happen to make them, please let me know what you think!
Begin by peeling and slicing the sweet potato into 1/4″ rounds.
Melt 2 tbs. coconut oil and toss to coat sweet potato rounds.
Place sweet potato rounds onto baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon (nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice would taste great as well!).
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, flip and continue baking for 10 minutes until potatoes are soft and golden brown.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbs. coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and slice sweet potato into 1/4" rounds.
- Toss sliced sweet potato with melted coconut oil to coat.
- Place sweet potato rounds onto a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, flip and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are golden brown and soft.
- These taste great with cinnamon but feel free to use nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice or even a touch of brown sugar!