September is here and everyone is running around hopped up on Pumpkin Spice Latte’s and praying for a day that’s below 80º.
I can’t lie…I am one of those people.
I’m already looking forward to the holidays and cool temperatures; taking Charlee to the pumpkin patch and dressing her up as a mermaid or a pig or a princess for her first Halloween. Along with all of the fun activities, gorgeous landscape and cozy clothes that come along with the season, my mind goes straight to the food. Stews and soups, pumpkin everything, roasts and warm flavors full of spice – which bring me to this recipe.
I purchased a big bag of carrots at the grocery store recently and didn’t really have a plan for them. As they sat lonely in my refrigerator, I decided to grab them, peel them and slice them (still not knowing how they would end up)! Steamed with a dab of coconut oil and a ton of cinnamon is how this story ends. These sweet and spicy cinnamon carrots are delicious, thrown together in a snap and would make a wonderful Thanksgiving side dish!
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1.5 tbs cinnamon
- Steam carrots according to your preference (microwave, stove top, steamer) until soft but not mushy.
- Drain water and add carrots back to pan.
- Toss the hot carrots with the coconut oil and cinnamon.
- Serve in your favorite dish and enjoy!