I hope you all had a nice weekend! We did, thanks for asking 😉
I am all about quick, easy and healthy food lately, as the weather gets warmer, the days get longer and I become more pregnant! I’ve been big on prepping sides, snacks and meals so that there is always something to grab in the refrigerator.
I’ve been going to our favorite local farm stand a lot within the past couple weeks and let me tell you – I can’t get enough tomatoes, peaches and cucumbers! I think I may turn into a tomato sandwich if I eat them any more often than I already do. #materproblems
One of my favorite ways to use the delicious fresh produce is to chop it all up and throw it in a yummy dressing. The good thing about this salad is, the longer it sits in your fridge, the tastier it is! We typically eat all of ours within about 3 days of making it, though.
It pairs perfectly with grilled chicken, burgers…pretty much any of your summer staples. My mom used to make a very similar dish when I was growing up but I decided to throw a creamy twist in. And guess what? It’s mama approved! 😉
Check out the recipe below and let me know – what is YOUR favorite summer side?
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2 cucumbers, halved then sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced (use whatever variety you like!)
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 Cup Italian dressing
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Prep all veggies, cut accordingly and place into a large bowl (I also scoop the seeds out of my cucumber - totally up to you!).
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, sour cream and Italian dressing. Mix well.
- Pour creamy dressing mixture over veggies and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.