Those of you that follow along with my blog may think that my only interests include my little one and food. And while both of these are a huge part of my life, I also am in love with makeup, beauty products and anything that makes you look and feel pretty. Having worked in the beauty industry, for brands such as L’Occitane and Clinique, I am constantly on the hunt for the best of the best when it comes to makeup, hair and skincare products. I’m the type of gal that can’t leave the house without makeup and am typically overdressed for most occasions; that’s just who I am. I honestly believe that when you look good, you feel good so I always try to put my best
foot face forward.
With that being said, I want to share my current favorites for spring and summer. Pretty pinks, shimmery highlights and bold lips are my absolute favorites right now!
- Mai Couture Highlighter Papier: I received this product a while back in an Ipsy box and have bought it twice since then; I just love the subtle glow and ease of application. Another perk? They are PERFECT for travel, since you don’t need a brush or bulky product. I use them on my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, brow bone and even on my collar bones.
- Mirenesse Cosmetics Mattfinity Lip Rouge: If you splurge and treat yourself to ONE new makeup product, please make it this one! I’m not even kidding when I say that this is my #1 favorite product of (dare I say it)…ALL TIME. The colors are beyond gorgeous (I currently have Tokyo, Sydney, Rome & Dubai – I NEED Paris & Ibiza), their staying power is absolutely insane and the matte yet moisturizing finish feels and looks amazing. I wrote a blog about the Mattfinity Lip Rouge – find it here.
- Clinique All About Shadow Duo in Strawberry Fudge: While working for Clinique, I was able to test and play with all of the wonderful products and truly find out what I liked and what I really didn’t care for. One of my favorites is the All About Shadow Duo in Strawberry Fudge. I remember wearing this pair quite often and when women would come in for a makeover, they would often tell me to “use whatever products you’re wearing”. These colors are perfect for daytime or use the dark shade to smoke out your lids a bit for evening wear. I love the shimmery (but not glittery!) finish and the colors look great on all skin tones. I’ve been wearing this duo just about every day lately and love the pretty rose gold hues.
- Lipstick Queen Invisible Lip Liner: I purchased this on a whim while in Charleston (Shout out to Pink Dot Beauty Bar!) and held onto it a while before biting the bullet and actually USING it. I love that there is no actual line, hence the word “invisible”, and it matches any lip color and skin tone. I typically apply this before putting on my Mattfinity to create a barrier and it allows for a perfectly clean line. I’m getting low – must. buy. more.
- Be a Bombshell Blush in Sweet Cheeks: This is another item I received in an Ipsy box a good while back. I’m a sucker for a pretty pink blush and this one is one of my favorites. Sweet Cheeks is a medium pink with a beautiful shimmer and sheen. It lasts all day and adds a lovely glowy finish. Love, love it! (I think that the photo below doesn’t do the color any justice – it’s a bit more pink in real life!)
- Mirenesse Cosmetics 3D Multishade Brow Express Crayon & Styler Brush: I used to use brow powder applied with a brush to define my brows prior to giving this brow crayon a try. I will never -I repeat, NEVER- go back to a brush and powder. The 3D Multishade Brow Express offers buildable color, a triangular shaped crayon for added precision and a built in brow brush to comb and style your brows. Not only do I like the way my brows look but I feel like I apply this much quicker and easier than my old routine.
I hope you enjoyed this list of my current favorite beauty products! If you have any questions or want any further information, feel free to email me or comment below and I’ll be sure to respond. I hope you give some of these products a shot and if you have already, let me know what you think!