When we found out we were having a girl, my mind went crazy thinking about all of the adorable clothes she would wear, choosing the perfect name and how to decorate her nursery. Justin and I agreed on gray paint for the walls (which we added glitter to – it’s awesome!) and THEN my wonderful husband told me to do whatever the heck I wanted in terms of decor, bedding, etc. I knew that I didn’t want a themed nursery so I decided to go with pink, purple and white to stand out against the dark gray (glittery!) walls.
I came across a crystal mobile while searching through Etsy and fell in love with a particularly pretty one although I didn’t love the price tag – a whopping $140! I decided I would set out to make it myself and THAT is exactly what I did. The total cost to make my mobile is listed at the bottom of the tutorial. Feel free to comment or email me with any questions or comments!
- 12″ wire floral wreath form
- Spray paint
- Fishing line
- 2 rolls of tulle
- Crystal beads of your choosing
- Begin by spraying your wreath form white (or whatever color tulle you will be using).
- Cut the tulle into strips the length of your choice, dependent upon on how “fluffy” you would like the mobile to be.
- Loop the tulle around the outer edge of the wreath form as shown in the photo below.
- Continue looping tulle around the outer edge until the mobile is nice and fluffy!
- Hang the mobile and begin stringing your beads onto the fishing line, knotting them and tying them onto the wreath form at varying lengths.
- Attach fishing line to the top to hang the mobile from the ceiling and you are good to go!
*All purchased items were found at Hobby Lobby and on sale!*
- 12″ floral wreath form = $2.47 (40% off total = $1.48)
- White spray paint = free (I had on hand)
- Fishing line = free (I had on hand)
- 2 spools white glitter tulle = $3.99 each (50% off total = $2.00 each)
- 2 strands of crystal beads = $4.99 each (50% off total = $2.50 each)
Grand total = $20.43 | Discounted total = $10.48