Are you ready for your life to change? Are you ready to stop spending $5 a pop for a delicious coffeeshop beverage? Are you ready for me to stop asking questions and get to the point?
Two words: tea latte.
I have to warn you, I’ve made at least one of these bad boys a day since catching the recipe on an episode of Bobby Flay’s show, Brunch @ Bobby’s. They are so easy, comforting and delicious. I have tried many different flavors of tea and I will have to say that my favorite is the Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea with the Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice as a very close second.
Here is the link to Bobby Flay’s version, or you can simply follow along with me below.
As you can see, it’s super easy! Make sure to watch the video below of my husband demonstrating how to froth the milk in a French Press. This technique would also work to make a Café au lait, latte, creamy hot chocolate or steamers (my favorite is caramel!). If you don’t own a French Press, you can buy them at any mass retailer or kitchen store. OR if you’re anything like me and want a good deal, I picked mine up for $10 at TJ Maxx, so I suggest checking them out as well!
- Hot water
- 1 teabag of your choice
- Sweetener of your choice & to taste
- 1 cup milk
- Boil your water and steep your tea.
- Add the tea and sweetener of your choice to your cup.
- Warm milk (either on the stovetop or in the microwave) and pour into your French Press.
- Froth milk by pumping the plunger up and down.
- Pour milk over tea and enjoy.
- I love using Chai tea for this but I've also been known to use peach, blueberry, cinnamon, etc.
- I use raw sugar to sweeten but feel free to use honey, stevia, agave - whatever you like!
I hope that you treat yourself to a cafe style drink at home and let me know what you think!