This HAS to be one of the easiest DIY projects ever and it cost me less than $6 to make! I love how it looks in Charlee’s nursery and it’s so very functional. I know there are tons of tutorials circulating the internet, Pinterest and blogs so I will keep this short and sweet…
You will need:
- Large oatmeal container
- Candle holder
- Hot glue
My total cost:
- Large oatmeal container = $2.29
- Candle holder = $3.50 (Originally $7.00 but I got it for 50% off at Hobby Lobby!)
- Fabric = Free (had on hand)
- Hot glue = Free (had on hand)
Grand Total = $5.79
Please excuse me for not providing step by step photos but remember what I said about this being extremely easy?
- Empty oatmeal container and be sure to clean inside (this is great storage for headbands, clips, ponytail holders, etc.!).
- Cut your fabric to fit around the outside of the container and just beneath the “lip” where the lid attaches.
- Using your hot glue, attach the fabric and firmly press against the container – make sure you get all of the air bubbles and creases out!
- Add hot glue to your candle holder and firmly press the container on top.
Voila! You’re done! I added a cute little crystal (left over from my crystal mobile DIY project) on top but you can decorate the lid however you please.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them within the comments below or email me, firstname.lastname@example.org! Also, if you have made one of these, please share it with me on Twitter, Facebook or tag me on Instagram! 🙂