I have a confession to make….
I’m not a huge fan of smoothies! Over the years, I have periodically tried different flavors and varieties but never have been quite fond of them. My sister, on the other hand, is a huge fan and uses her blender daily to mix up a batch for her and her children.
Caring for a new baby, a home, a husband and two dogs doesn’t leave a ton of time for prepping, cooking and eating a home cooked meal these days; this is where my latest smoothie attempt came into play. Trying to cook a hot meal, or even eat it for that matter, while feeding, burping, changing and soothing a baby just isn’t happening! I need something quick, easy, healthy and fulfilling, so I began to experiment with fruit we purchased at the Raleigh State Farmer’s Market this week.
- Help to keep you feeling full and satisfied longer
- High levels of fiber, low levels of fat
- Contains the highest protein level of any grain
- Helps improve cholesterol
- Oatmeal is a galactagogue, which helps to increase milk supply in breastfeeding mothers
- Tastes great and adds texture
You can substitute any fruit that you prefer or have on hand but I love the way the peach, blueberry and banana taste together. It also would be great with almond or soy milk as a substitute! Let me know what you think in the comments below, on Facebook or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time,
- 1 peach
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Feel free to experiment with different fruit as well as substituting almond or soy milk!