When the lactation consultant at our pediatrician’s office told me that I could eat cookies to increase my milk supply, I was all ears! I came home excited to make lactation cookies and make lactation cookies is exactly what I did.
Let me go ahead and answer the million dollar question – did I see an increase in milk production? Unfortunately, my answer is no. And believe me…I ate enough for a small breastfeeding army. Now, don’t let me experience sway you! I have friends and peers that SWEAR by these cookies. And guess what? Even if they don’t up your supply, they are quite tasty!
Give them a try and feel free to let me know how the work out for you!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 tbs water
- 2 tbs flaxseed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tbs brewers yeast
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the flaxseed meal with water and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mixture and vanilla, beating well.
- Sift flour, brewers yeast, baking soda and salt and then add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.