As you may have read a few months back, I was asked to be a “Tommee Mommee” and to serve as an ambassador for Tommee Tippee. With that comes the fun task of receiving some pretty cool products and letting all of you know whether I give them two thumbs up or an “eh”.
This brings me to the Simplee Diaper Pail by Tommee Tippee. I’ve noticed that I’m constantly comparing it to The Diaper Genie that we’ve been using for the past 16 months; so this will kind of be a Simplee Diaper Pail vs. Diaper Genie comparison review.
My husband and I have been using the Simplee Diaper Pail for around two weeks. I really had high hopes for the cute little pail but sadly, some of expectations were not quite met. Let’s focus on what we DID like first:
- Cute, compact design
- Color matches Charlee’s room
- Straightforward design
- Easy to change refill cartridges
And onto the dislikes:
- No foot pedal makes it difficult to open the pail and the dirty diaper
- Need two hands to open the lid or else the pail gets wonky and you end up picking up the entire pail (all while holding a dirty diaper)
- The hinged door that seals the dirty diapers inside always catches my hand awkwardly
- Small pail = taking diapers out more frequently (which is good and bad I suppose)
I put together a handy, dandy chart to show the comparison between the Simplee Diaper Pail and the Diaper Genie.
Overall, I wasn’t as impressed with the Simplee Diaper Pail as I had hoped to be but I didn’t exactly hate it either. I’m somewhere in diaper pail limbo (my husband on the other hand is totally “Team Diaper Genie” and threatened to throw the cute, little pink one out!). Silver lining, we now have a new trash can for Charlee’s room! I would be SO much happier if the Simplee pail had a foot pedal that allowed for hands-free opening and I hope that it’s something Tommee Tippee will consider adding in the future.
Do you own the Simplee Diaper Pail or the Diaper Genie? What do you like and dislike? Let me know in the comments below!
**I received this product for free and may be compensated for my review. All opinions are my own. **