I hope you all had a wonderful week and I hope that your Easter weekend will be just as great! We are excited to host an Easter party at our house on Sunday, complete with tons of food, an egg hunt, games and a bounce house. I’m not sure who’s more excited, Charlee or myself! 🙂
How many of you enjoy MoonPie’s? When was the last time you enjoyed a MoonPie? If your answer sounds something like mine did (“Forever ago!”) then I suggest you run to your local grocery store to pick some up! My favorite flavor is banana but for this “recipe”, we need the good ol’ chocolate ones.
For these cute little bunnies, you will need:
- MoonPie’s (I used mini chocolate ones)
- Candy eyeballs
- Heart sprinkles
- Chocolate chips, melted
- Straws (optional)
All you have to do is:
- Stick a straw into the ooey, gooey marshmallow.
- Apply the eyes and heart shaped sprinkle nose to the MoonPie using a bit of melted chocolate.
- Pour some melted chocolate into a ziplock bag and snip off the corner. Draw ear shapes onto wax paper and allow to harden (I put mine in the refrigerator to speed things up).
- Using the melted chocolate as glue, apply the ears to the back of the bunny’s little head.
These were a hit with my toddler and my husband may/may not have snuck a few! If you’re looking for a cute and easy last minute treat for Easter, look no further!
Let me know how you all are spending your weekend! Remember, chocolate consumption doesn’t count on holidays! 😉