In an attempt to make a healthy pancake, I’ve tried at least a dozen oatmeal/banana/egg/protein/magic pancake recipes and never found one I really liked. I mean, I wanted my GO-TO pancake recipe for those days I NEEDED a flapjack; not just something that left me feeling “eh”.
This, my friends, is now my go-to recipe! Hallelujah, praise the Lord, I can finally commit to a pancake!
With just a few ingredients, a big bowl and a blender, you too can be on your way to enjoying one of these babies. Recipe is below and as always, give them a try and let me know what you think!
Until next time,
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oats
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- chocolate chips
- Add bananas, milk and vanilla extract to bowl and blend until smooth. (I use an immersion blender but a regular blender will work as well!)
- Add oats and baking powder and continue to blend until smooth.
- Over medium heat and using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop batter into pan and add a few chocolate chips to each pancake.
- Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until the pancake is golden brown.
- This recipe makes about 3 servings of 3 pancakes each. I use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the batter to make pancakes that are roughly the same size.
- Also, I don't add any toppings because these are moist and delicious but I think peanut butter would be a great addition! 🙂