First, I need to thank Megan for nominating my blog for this award! It’s so much fun meeting fellow bloggers, moms and just all-around cool people! Be sure to check out her blog over at Simply Honest. Simply Real. She’s great and has the cutest little girl!
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to this post or your blog
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 7 bloggers you admire
7 Facts About Me:
- I am the youngest of 6 children but I am an “only” child. I have three half brothers and two half sisters.
- My daughter is named after my PopPop (Grandfather). How did we decide on Charlee for our little girl? My PopPop’s name is Charles (Charlie) and my husband’s middle name is Lee – we put the two together and came up with Charlee! She also has carried on the middle name of Marie, which is both mine and my mother’s.
- I lived in Germany for three years. It’s a long story as to why I lived there but I won’t bore you with the details. The point is, I loved it, I miss it and I want to go back!
- My husband was my high school boyfriend’s-brother’s-best friend. Have I lost you yet?! I met my husband 12 years ago and while we both went separate ways, things came full circle and we ended up happily ever after.
- My nickname in high school was “Prom Queen” (Thanks Olivia!). I have a problem and it sadly, gets on everyone’s nerves – I am late for everything! I try SO hard not to be but it takes me forever to get ready and if my hair, makeup and/or clothing isn’t “just so”, then my whole day is ruined. I’ve tried to cut my beauty routine short but if I skip a step, again, my day is ruined (silly, right?). I vividly remember walking in (late) to a high school basketball game and as I walked by the bleachers my friends began to laugh and say, “Ohhh, I’m so glad the prom queen could make it! Nice to see you prom queen..blah, blah, blah!”. Needless to say, I was embarrassed and I quickly got the point – I take too long to get ready, I’m typically overdressed and I treat everyday events like I’m headed to prom!
- I live in a textile mill that was built in 1892. A few months ago, we moved into an old textile mill that’s been converted into quite a lovely place to live! I am obsessed with the giant windows, exposed brick and original, maple floors. I just love it.
- I love powerlifting. While I may be super girly, I absolutely love lifting heavy things and putting them back down again, haha! About a year prior to getting pregnant, my husband was kind enough to work out with me and show me the ropes. I instantly fell in love with it and we, surprisingly, found out that I’m quite strong!
7 Blog I Love & Nominate:
- Healthy Diva Life
- Glitter and Gloss
- Knead to Cook
- Baubles and Backdrops
- Confessions of a New-Old Home Owner
- The Life of the Baseball Wife
- Escaping New York
Be sure to check out these blogs and show them some love! 🙂