So, I have to call my husband out (sorry J!) – he is a brownie LOVER. He requests them at least once per week and has been known to buy 3 or 4 boxes of brownie mix “just to have on hand”. I mean, I can’t turn down a good brownie but with him, it’s just on another level!
Lately, I’ve been trying to take decadent treats and turn them into not-so-decadent treats for our family. To be honest, we just don’t need the junk and I feel SO much better knowing exactly what’s inside the food that we eat. I try really, really hard to avoid processed food as much as possible and I feel good when I can serve something that’s not only healthy but tastes great, too!
These. brownies. are. awesome. And guess what? You can make them using only 4 ingredient, zero refined sugars, zero flour and zero eggs. Pour them in a baking dish, cupcake tins or special molds (I used a heart shaped silicone mold) and you have an easy, delicious treat that comes together in minutes.
Last night, I paired one of these brownies with banana “ice cream” (blended frozen banana) and it was so stinkin’ good! May have to have that with lunch today… 😉
Anyways, I hope you all give these a try and if so, let me know what you think! Check out the recipe below!
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond butter (I used homemade but you can do any nut butter you like!)
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Melt almond butter and maple syrup together, either in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Add the mashed sweet potato, melted almond butter, maple syrup and cocoa powder to a large bowl and combine.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan, cupcake tin or silicone mold.(I like to sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top at this point, which is totally up to you!)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Allow brownies to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
- As stated, I used homemade almond butter but you can use any type of nut butter that you choose. I'm going to try peanut butter for my next batch!
- Chocolate chips are optional but oh so good!
- This recipe made 5 cupcake sized brownies.