It’s been a while since I’ve posted a recipe and let me tell you, I chose a great one to come back in with a bang! 😉
I used to HATE sweet potatoes; the taste, the smell, the texture, everything about ’em! Fast forward a few years and now they are one of my favorite carbs. The sweet spuds are cheap, versatile, good for you and easy to cook.
I especially LOVE crispy sweet potatoes. Don’t come at me with a plate of mushy sweet potato fries or a pile of steamed mash. The best way to get them crisp is to fry them but I tend to stay away from frying as much as I can; I use coconut oil as a healthier alternative to other heavy oils.
I invite you to try these sweet and spicy taters and let me know what you think!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Steam sweet potatoes by poking them with a fork and placing them in the microwave until easily pierced and the skin peels off easily (usually 6 minutes or so, depending on size of potatoes).
- Cube steamed sweet potato.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Place cubed sweet potatoes into hot oil and sprinkle with spices.
- Cook potatoes until golden brown and crisp, turning every so often.
- I'm impatient and love the ease of steaming the potatoes in the microwave but feel free to boil or bake them if you prefer.